We are Hiring a Production Coordinator
The Sleep Shirt is looking for a production coordinator to work out of our Vancouver studio. This role is 8-12 hours a week to start, with the possibility of more hours in the near future.
You must be willing to work mornings and available to be in the studio in downtown Vancouver on Tuesdays and/or Thursdays. Some work can be done from home. The role is part-time with some set hours. Ideally, the candidate will have some flexibility, which will be reciprocated.
- Coordinate the sleepwear production that takes in the factory in Vancouver and other small production units in Canada. This includes quality control at the factory, materials ordering, managing patterns and prototypes, launching production runs, and working on our production software
- Manage fabric, notions, and packaging stock
- Work on collection planning
- Work on photoshoots
- Create tech packs and liaise with pattern cutters and sample sewers
- Some administrative tasks, including marketing tasks and online store tasks
Our dream candidate would have the following skills:
- Basic knowledge of garment construction and the fashion design and production process
- Experience working in garment production preferred
- Familiarity with Excel and/or Google sheets
- Organized and good time management skills
- An understanding of the fashion business and its calendar
- Good communication skills, both on email and phone
- Experience on a photoshoot
- Basic Photoshop experience is preferred
The Sleep Shirt is an ethically-made, luxury sleepwear brand based in Vancouver, BC. We are a small, hard-working, collaborative team and we strive to create an environment where everyone is valued and can play a role in shaping the company's future. We are usually busy so there isn't much time for naps on the job, but thanks to our well-organized planning and structure, we tend not to lose sleep over things. That's just not our style.
Benefits include a generous product allowance and paid holiday.
If you are interested in the role or you have questions about it, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, with "Production Coordinator" in the subject line. This is a contractor role and you will be expected to invoice us. Paid hourly, rate is dependent on experience. Ideally, the candidate will be available from early February.
- Alexandra Suhner Isenberg