Amish Star Wholecloth QuiltRegular price $1,400.00 Save $-1,400.00
Into The Bedroom and The Sleep Shirt are pleased to announce the launch of a collection of handmade, one-of-a-kind traditional Amish quilts. We are working with the women of an Old Order community in rural Pennsylvania to create an exclusive collection of quilts made with classic Amish patterns made in a modern colour palette.
- The construction process is done without the use of any modern machinery and while the collection features traditional techniques, we are offering our quilts with 100% cotton batting, as opposed to polyester which is used in most quilts. This means our quilts will be slightly heavier than normal, and will be made completely from natural materials.
- Each quilt is hand quilted by one woman. The uniformity and consistency of one artist’s hand quilting gives each quilt its own unique resonance. As for fabrics, only quilt grade dye fast cottons are used. A hand quilted Amish quilt can take 3 to 4 months (500 to 700 hours) to complete. Each quilt is unique in this world.
- A Wholecloth quilt is also referred to as an Heirloom or white-on-white quilt. In the Amish tradition, only the most accomplished hand quilters and pattern makers can create Wholecloth quilts. Wholecloth patterns typically take twice the time it takes to create a patchwork quit. Some require 1,000 or more yards of thread to complete the extensive hand quilting. The quilt is sized so that it will reach the floor on all sides of a normal height king size bed, and is long enough to be tucked underneath and then over the cushions.
- For use in a bedroom, living space, as a wall hanging, gift, or an heirloom to pass down from one generation to the next, this quilt will bring value to the life of its owner.
- This is a handmade Amish quilt
- The quilt is sized so that it will reach the floor on all sides of a normal height queen/king size bed, and is long enough to be tucked underneath and then over the cushions.
- Outer: 100% quilt grade dye fast cotton
- Batting: 100% cotton batting
- Washing: Handwash and line dry or organic dry clean. Washing will cause some slight puckering on the quilt but this is normal.
- Brand: Amish Quilts
- Please note that the item in stock differs to the one in the photo, it has an unbleached cotton lining that is slightly darker than the other side. The quilt can be used with either side on top.
- Please note that our quilts will take 2-4 days longer than our usual time frames for shipping.
- Quilts are non refundable, but may be exchanged for another quilt in the same price range, depending on availability.
- Return shipping will be at the customer's expense.
Can't find the quilt pattern in the size you want? Contact us for a custom order and choose any of our exclusive patterns in any size. Quilts take up to three months to produce. More questions? Read our FAQ or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.