How to Care for Luxury Bedding
Your St. Genève bedding can last you for years if you take good care of it. Here are our suggestions on how to wash, dry, and care for your sheets.
Firstly, your sheets will need some time to be "broken in" - meaning it can take up to 10 launderings before they start to feel soft.
How to wash your sheets
- Machine wash your sheets using moderate temperatures and gentle cycles.
- Don't overcrowd the machine
- Always separate white, coloured, and darks
- Use a mild detergent and do not use bleach or fabric softeners
- "Water saver" settings can often result in detergent residue, we advise against these settings.
- When water is limited, the fabrics will rub against themselves and wear out faster. It is best to wash your sheets on their own.
- Never wash sheets with jeans, towels, or other items that can scour the surface of the sheets.
How to dry your sheets
- You can machine dry your sheets on gentle with a moderate temperature. Your sheets will dry quickly, do not overdry them.
- The sheets can be ironed, be sure to use the temperature indicated on the care label.
Some final pieces of advice...
- Always wear sleepwear made from natural fibres. Synthetic fibers will cause your sheets to pill.
- Acne medication and toothpaste will bleach your sheets, if you use these products, ensure that they do not make contact with your bedding.
This information was provided by St. Genève. Shop the St. Genève luxury bedding collection.